Microsoft Windows is a popular operating system often used in computers, laptops, desktop, and PCs. The office.com/setup gives multiple free software to its users for performing day–to–day activities. MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Paint are some of the most common and popular software among users. The office setup provides the users with free windows updates of the operating system. It is usually very easy to update the system software. However sometimes on trying to update the software version to the latest edition the error code 0x80070422 pops up on the screen. This error code simply means to inform the user that the installation of updates is unsuccessful. The error code sometimes also pops up when the user tries to install applications from Microsoft store or when the user checks for updates. The error code 0x80070422 disappears when new updates get successfully installed in the device. One can also eliminate the error code by the following steps:
Check that windows update service is running
- Go to Control Panel
- Select Administrative Tools
- Go to find and run services
- Select Windows Update service and double click on it
- Select Startup type and click on automatic.
- Click the Start button on service status to make it running
- Select OK and save your setting
- Restart computer.
Try to restart the list of Network Service
- Go to start
- Type ‘run’
- Click twice on the 1st result to launch the run
- Type services.MSC to launch windows services
- Right-click on Network list service
- Select Restart
- Try updating to check if the problem has resolved.
Solution No. 3
Try solving the issue by disabling IPv6
- Go to Control Panel
- Select Network and Sharing Center
- Right-click on Connection
- Select Properties
- Uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/ IPv6)
- Select OK and Save Changes
- Restart the computer
- Check if the issue is resolved
Usually, the error code will disappear by applying any of the above methods. However, if the problem persists with updating Windows then the user can connect with the customer support of www.office.com/setup to resolve the issue.
Cachi rim is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about office.com/setup. He writes about the latest updates regarding office.com/setup, Office Enterprise Support how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.